SAVANNAH DANCE FESTIVAL ADF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION/AUDITION PROCEDURES
The information on this webpage is for individuals at least 16 years of age applying for a scholarship through the Savannah Dance Festival to attend the American Dance Festival (ADF) Six Week School (SWS) held in Durham, North Carolina on the campus of Duke University during the summer of 2013.
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage the artistry and talent of a dancer/choreographer in the Savannah community.
ADF is a creative laboratory dedicated to nurturing and sustaining modern dance, the ADF has been presenting the best in modern dance for over 75 years and is heralded as “One of the nation’s most important institutions” (New York Times). Please use the link below for more information about the ADF Six Week School http://www.americandancefestival.org/2012school/6WS.html or check out their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AmerDanceFest
The deadline for applying for this scholarship is September, 25th, 2012 and includes an application, choreography submission and live audition on October 12, 2012 at the Savannah Dance Festival, Savannah, Georgia.
The application can be submitted via e-mail to:
email@example.com with “ADF scholarship” in the subject line
OR mailed to:
Savannah Dance Festival
P.O. Box 13691
Savannah, GA 31416
If you have questions about your submitted application please contact Christine Shawl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This scholarship will include the ADF SWS application fee, tuition, room and board, food plan, and medical fee; it does NOT cover transportation to and from the Savannah Dance Festival for the scholarship audition or transportation to and from the American Dance Festival Six Week School.
Your completed application should include:
• Online application form (Submitted via email email@example.com)
• Dance résumé. Your dance résumé should include the following information. (Submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ADF scholarship” in the subject line or mailed to Savannah Dance Festival, P.O. Box 13691, Savannah, GA 31416)
- Description of your dance study. Include styles of dance, teachers’ names and dates
- Outline of performance experiences. Include school, community and regional performances
- List of choreography. Include music credit and location of performance
- List of honors or awards
- Other information that you feel is helpful or relevant to your application
• One letter of recommendation from a dance teacher or choreographer. (Submitted via e-mail by the teacher/choreographer to email@example.com with “ADF scholarship” in the subject line or mailed to Savannah Dance Festival, P.O. Box 13691, Savannah, GA 31416)
• Video of your choreography. The choreography must be limited to your choreographic work only. The choreography should be a minimum of 2 minutes but not exceed 15 minutes or be 2 different pieces. (Submitted via e-mail as a YouTube link to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ADF scholarship” in the subject line or a DVD to Savannah Dance Festival, P.O. Box 13691, Savannah, GA 31416) DVD submissions will not be returned. Do not submit your only copy.
• Attendance at the dance audition on Friday, October 12, 2012 time and Location TBA.
- Applicants, be prepared to perform a two minute solo at the audition. Please bring your own CD to the audition. Arrive early to warm up.